Thursday, November 6, 2008

But for God's Grace






BUT FOR GOD'S GRACE


God in His infinite wisdom chose me to be one of His children. From the time I was little, I was taught the Bible stories of His Love.

    Because I grew up in a Christian home, went to church every Sunday and even had the privilege to attend a Chrsitan school, I am sad to say I took God's love for me for granted.

But in God's time, He through the working of His spirit graciously opened my eyes and He gave me the gift of faith.  I was amazed to learn that Jesus had died for me and that through faith in Him my sins are forgiven.

Now I love him because he first loved me.  All through my life since He opened my eyes, I have with His help, delighted to do His will.  I seek to honor Him and want to glory in His name.

I humbly confess that I'm not worthy to belong to the Lord, it's by His Grace alone.  I know and believe from God's own word that nothring can seperate me from His love (Romans 8: 38,39).
    I praise the Lord for all He has given me.  A loving husband for almost 52 years, who served the Lord together with me.  I'm greatly comforted to know that when he passed on last December, that he's in the presence of the Lord. 
    I thank the Lord for all my children, 3 sons and 5 daughters.  And the all the grandchildren and great grand children He has given me.  My prayer for all of them is that they may all walk in the way of the Lord. 

I put my trust in Him.

'Tis not that I did choose Thee,
For, Lord, that could not be;
This heard would still refuse Thee,
Hadst Thou not chosen me.
Thou from the sin that stained me
Hast cleansed and set me free,
Of old thou hast ordained me,
That I should live for Thee.

'Twas sovereign mercy called me
And taught my opening mind,
This world had else enthralled me,
To heavenly glories blind.
My heart Owns none before Thee,
For Thy rich grace I thirst,
this knowing if I love Thee,
Thou must have loved me first.

                            YES!


Jeanette, St. Catharines Ontario


No comments: